Clear Lake Fishing Info
Clear Lake is located between the Mayacamas Mountains, St. Helena, Hood Mountain, and a dormant volcano. Clear Lake gets its water from natural springs and has vent holes in Soda Bay.
Clear Lake, which is two and a half hours’ drive from Sacramento, is popular among anglers, primarily since it features breathtaking views of Mount Konocti, the dormant volcano. The colors of the lake also change with the seasons as the spring water supply carries different minerals and nutrients.
With a length of nineteen miles and width of eight miles, Clear Lake is the second largest freshwater lake in California, and it’s big enough for all water activities, including boating and water sports. It’s also a favorite lake for fishing. On average, the temperatures range from the mid-50s to the low-90s, making it suitable for fishing throughout the year.
There are several fish species in Clear Lake, including channel catfish, white catfish, bluegill, carp, and crappie. Clear Lake’s warm, shallow, and nutrient-rich water also renders it a suitable habitat for bass, including the Florida Strain Largemouth.
Many anglers regard Clear Lake as the leading bass fishing lake in the United States, as the bass grow big, and they bite throughout the year. Along the shores of Clear Lake are shallow fields of tules, slender plants, and rock piles that are excellent pre-spawn and post-spawn staging points for bass. These areas of Clear Lake are perfect for jigs, Carolina rigs, drop shots, and weighted worms rigged wacky style.
There are many bass competitions and fishing events at Clear Lake, as well as several facilities for boating, camping, and lodging. Clear Lake is near the towns of Clearlake and Lakeport, which have several amenities for anglers and people on vacation, including convenience stores and bait and tackle shops.
Before you can fish the freshwaters of California, you have to be sixteen or older, and you need a valid fishing license. On Clear Lake, motor trolling is allowed. Each angler is allowed one hook, bait, or lure, and each boat is allowed three hooks, baits, and lures.
Clear Lake is open for fishing throughout the year, depending on the type of fish. You can fish catfish, panfish like bluegill, pumpkinseed, sunfish, crappie, and yellow perch throughout the year.
The fishing season is also open all year for ruffe, round goby, rough fish, and yellow, rock, and white bass.
The most popular seasons for fishing at Clear Lake are spring and fall. During spring, the fish are big and relatively easy to catch. During the fall, there are also a lot of fish over eight pounds. The lower end of the lake is deeper than the higher end, and you will be able to catch fish at the low end throughout the year.
The low end also has more rock, so you if you’re fishing during winter or summer, you’ll be able to see consistent success at the lower end. This part of the lake also has more offshore rock, making it suitable for jigs and cranks.
- 🎣Life-like Lures: These fishing lures feature a precisely engineered shape, stereo 3D fisheye and lifelike scale patterns making the fish look more vivid and realistic, like a living fish in the water. Due to its genuine plating, the fishing spoons shows a brilliant flash in the water, and more reflective surfaces attract fish and make them strike. A perfect fishing bait that easily cheats the target fishes.
- 🎣Widely Usage: Work great for both saltwater and freshwater and function well in all water layers. All trout and bass fishing lures are widely used and carefully selected, meet the needs of different varieties of fish you catch. Perfect for ocean boat fishing, ocean rock fishing, ocean beach fishing, lake, river, reservion, pond and stream.
- 🎣Fishing Lures Set: Fishing lures set with a tackle box contains nearly all accessories including: crankbaits 1pcs, VIB 1pcs, topwater Lures 1pcs, plastic worms 33pcs, jigs 5pcs, fish-shaped soft bait 2pcs, simulation of shrimp 2pcs. And the other 32 accessories also realistic and swim well. A wide range of fishing accessories from common fishing baits to accessories, this fishing lures set can be a complete assortment for any angler for any season in any water.
- 🎣High-quality Material: All fishing accessories made of stainless steel and soft plastic, which is not easy to defrom, and has anti-corrosion, durable and practical characters. All of these bass and trout fishing lures experienced precision processing, longer service life than other fishing bait.
- 🎣Portable Tackle Box: The plastic fishing tackle box is free for you, size is about 17.5cmx9.5cmx3cm. All fishing tackles are packed in a compact box which is easy to carry, and convenient to get the exact fishing lures kit you need at anywhere, anytime.
- Fox Chapel Publishing
- Rousseau, Rich (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 176 Pages – 02/24/2010 (Publication Date) – Fox Chapel Publishing (Publisher)