Lowrance Hook 2 7 Fish Finder Review
This Lowrance fish finder is a great product for beginners and experts alike! We found this model to be extremely easy to use, and the price tag is fairly reasonable.
Similar to other Lowrance fish finder models, the interface on the Hook2 is very user-friendly.
The Hook2 has all of the basic features that you need. From a DownScan sonar, SideScan sonar, to CHIRP sonar views and highly detailed preloaded maps of either the US, or US+CAN… Everything you need is here.
As a bonus, this model gives you twice as much sonar coverage as similar fish finders. The sonar also auto-tunes, so you do not have to waste time fidgeting with any settings. This is another great plus for beginners!
GPS is also included with the Hook2. You can also follow trails and add waypoints with the GPS.
The maps are of course upgradeable if needed, with the use of a simple SD card.
The Lowrance Hook2 comes in 5″, 7″, or 9″. We really like the 7″, as the 5″ is just a tad too small.
- 5″, 7″, or 9″ sized displays
- IPX7 waterproof protection.
- Power: 12v DC (10-17v DC min-max)
- Max Power Consumption: <6.1W.
- Transmit Power: 200w rms Sonar.
- Operating Frequency: 200kHz Wide Angle Sonar.
- Sonar Beam Width: 40°
- Usable Depth: 80m+ Sonar
- GPS included
- Great for all levels of experience
- User-friendly interface
- Reliable and recognisable brand
- No updates via a wireless connection which some might not like. We don’t really mind it that much.
As you can tell, we really like this model, which is why it’s the #1 on our list. Pretty much a no-brainer in our book! With multiple sizes to choose from, you should have no issues picking one to suit your fishing style.