Big Lake Fishing Info
Only ten miles southwards of Greer in Arizona, lies the Big Lake State Park. Within it, is the Star attraction of the area – the Big Lake! Big Lake is easily the biggest and most productive fishing lake. The waters may be shallow but they are full of fish. It, therefore, attracts not only the enthusiastic anglers but also explorers and tourists alike. It also doubles up as a very popular camping area. The comfortable cabins that are built across the lake are offered on rent to tourists and campers who would love to try their hands at fishing.
The Big Lake is incidentally the biggest oxbow lake in Missouri. Geologically speaking, oxbow lakes are formed over decades with the Missouri twisting and leaving large deposits of soil and sediments that it carries through its unchanneled course. This with time cuts a loop in its course itself. Over an extended period, these loops get filled with sediments and the leftover standing water in the trenches become lakes all by themselves. They are christened as oxbow lakes because they resemble the bow part of the oxen’s yoke.
The fish that is most often found here are the Bass, Catfish, Crappie, and Carp. There is no marina over the Big Lake but anglers can cast their lines from the shore itself. Big Lake Park also allows fishermen and women to use their boat launch in case they have their own boat or if they want to rent a boat to get into the lake and fish.
There are canoes and fishing kayaks for rent at the park. A maximum of three people can rent a canoe. Kayaks are however offered to single anglers. The canoes and kayaks come sufficiently supplied with life jackets and paddles. There are many general and convenience stores available in case the need to buy additional baits, fishing lures and other fishing accessories arise.
The State comes out with fishing rules and directives from time to time. A valid fishing and/or combination license is sine quo non for any angler above the age of ten years, whether resident or non-resident of the Arizona State. There is no license requirement for anglers under the age of ten years and those who are blind.
The fishing and combination license allows the anglers to fish with two poles or lines simultaneously but not more than two. Both the lines must be attended to and the bait must be used in such a manner that the fish voluntarily attempts to take it in its mouth.
There are a few breeds of native fishes that are protected state-wide and cannot be angled while fishing. If any of those protected fishes are caught, then they must be immediately released into the water unharmed.
The best season for fishing in the Big Lake is the fall. This is the time when the large fishes such as the Cutthroat Trout and the Brook Trout begin feeding before the harsh winters set in. During summers the fish here tend to go to the bottom of the lake. Bottom fishing in the deepest parts of the lake is recommended in summer and the use of a fish finder will assist in locating the schooling fish. The last couple of years have been excessively good for anglers who are catching their full limits.
- ✔UPGRADED FISH GRIPPER- ZACX improved the length of EVA Foam Handle till to 4.3inch for this classic T-handle grabber, this new fishing lip gripper with ergonomic to enhance hand strength and reduce fatigue
- ✔NEW DESIGN FISHING PLIER- New aluminum fishing pliers, it’s feature elegant hollow out design and machine cut aluminum handles for reduced weight, multi-functional for braid line cutters split ring hook removers
- ✔MORE CONVENIENT OPERATE- Higher quality spring loaded handle keeps it open freely, super easy to use by one hand, come with lanyard which prevent accidental loss and always easy to reach
- ✔STURDY AND DURABILITY- These pliers and grippers are ideal for both freshwater and harsh saltwater environments, corrosion resistant, extremely light for long time fishing trip
- ✔BEST GIFT FOR FISHMAN- Cool gift for angler friends or family. Such as Father's Day or Valentine's Day Style A Package: 1x fishing gripper; Style B Package: 1x Fishing Tool Set ( 1 fish lip gripper and 1 fishing plier with sheath)
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Michael Fowlkes (Actor)
- Michael Fowlkes (Director)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)