Big Lake Fishing Info
Only ten miles southwards of Greer in Arizona, lies the Big Lake State Park. Within it, is the Star attraction of the area – the Big Lake! Big Lake is easily the biggest and most productive fishing lake. The waters may be shallow but they are full of fish. It, therefore, attracts not only the enthusiastic anglers but also explorers and tourists alike. It also doubles up as a very popular camping area. The comfortable cabins that are built across the lake are offered on rent to tourists and campers who would love to try their hands at fishing.
The Big Lake is incidentally the biggest oxbow lake in Missouri. Geologically speaking, oxbow lakes are formed over decades with the Missouri twisting and leaving large deposits of soil and sediments that it carries through its unchanneled course. This with time cuts a loop in its course itself. Over an extended period, these loops get filled with sediments and the leftover standing water in the trenches become lakes all by themselves. They are christened as oxbow lakes because they resemble the bow part of the oxen’s yoke.
The fish that is most often found here are the Bass, Catfish, Crappie, and Carp. There is no marina over the Big Lake but anglers can cast their lines from the shore itself. Big Lake Park also allows fishermen and women to use their boat launch in case they have their own boat or if they want to rent a boat to get into the lake and fish.
There are canoes and fishing kayaks for rent at the park. A maximum of three people can rent a canoe. Kayaks are however offered to single anglers. The canoes and kayaks come sufficiently supplied with life jackets and paddles. There are many general and convenience stores available in case the need to buy additional baits, fishing lures and other fishing accessories arise.
The State comes out with fishing rules and directives from time to time. A valid fishing and/or combination license is sine quo non for any angler above the age of ten years, whether resident or non-resident of the Arizona State. There is no license requirement for anglers under the age of ten years and those who are blind.
The fishing and combination license allows the anglers to fish with two poles or lines simultaneously but not more than two. Both the lines must be attended to and the bait must be used in such a manner that the fish voluntarily attempts to take it in its mouth.
There are a few breeds of native fishes that are protected state-wide and cannot be angled while fishing. If any of those protected fishes are caught, then they must be immediately released into the water unharmed.
The best season for fishing in the Big Lake is the fall. This is the time when the large fishes such as the Cutthroat Trout and the Brook Trout begin feeding before the harsh winters set in. During summers the fish here tend to go to the bottom of the lake. Bottom fishing in the deepest parts of the lake is recommended in summer and the use of a fish finder will assist in locating the schooling fish. The last couple of years have been excessively good for anglers who are catching their full limits.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Peter Miller (Actor)
- Peter Miller (Director)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- 🎣Life-like Lures: These fishing lures feature a precisely engineered shape, stereo 3D fisheye and lifelike scale patterns making the fish look more vivid and realistic, like a living fish in the water. Due to its genuine plating, the fishing spoons shows a brilliant flash in the water, and more reflective surfaces attract fish and make them strike. A perfect fishing bait that easily cheats the target fishes.
- 🎣Widely Usage: Work great for both saltwater and freshwater and function well in all water layers. All trout and bass fishing lures are widely used and carefully selected, meet the needs of different varieties of fish you catch. Perfect for ocean boat fishing, ocean rock fishing, ocean beach fishing, lake, river, reservion, pond and stream.
- 🎣Fishing Lures Set: Fishing lures set with a tackle box contains nearly all accessories including: crankbaits 1pcs, VIB 1pcs, topwater Lures 1pcs, plastic worms 33pcs, jigs 5pcs, fish-shaped soft bait 2pcs, simulation of shrimp 2pcs. And the other 32 accessories also realistic and swim well. A wide range of fishing accessories from common fishing baits to accessories, this fishing lures set can be a complete assortment for any angler for any season in any water.
- 🎣High-quality Material: All fishing accessories made of stainless steel and soft plastic, which is not easy to defrom, and has anti-corrosion, durable and practical characters. All of these bass and trout fishing lures experienced precision processing, longer service life than other fishing bait.
- 🎣Portable Tackle Box: The plastic fishing tackle box is free for you, size is about 17.5cmx9.5cmx3cm. All fishing tackles are packed in a compact box which is easy to carry, and convenient to get the exact fishing lures kit you need at anywhere, anytime.